We are always looking for volunteers who are interested in the community. There are many volunteer opportunities.
City Committees and Commission
The City Council appoints citizens to committees and boards to advise the Council on certain decisions and policy matters. These dedicated citizens meet on a regular basis to address current issues and look for ways to make Fairview an even better place to live and work.
Applications are being accepted for the below volunteer member positions. All interested persons are encouraged to apply. Complete the on line Committees/Commission Application or download the application. Applications must be received by the Office of the City Recorder no later than 4:00 PM, Wednesday, November 29, 2023. The City Council is tentatively scheduled to consider appointment selections at their December 6 meeting.
- Budget Committee / 3 positions: reviews the proposed budget each fiscal year and makes a recommendation on the budget to the City Council for final adoption. Typically meets Monday’s in May in the City Hall Council Chambers.
- Planning Commission / 2 positions: makes recommendations to the City Council regarding zoning and any long range planning activities that require Council approval. The Commission is also the decision making authority on Type III review land use proposals, including Variance and Conditional Use requests. Generally meets on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month at 6:30 PM in the City Hall Council Chambers. FMC 2.15
- Community Engagement Committee / 3 positions: encourage greater opportunities for and recognition of arts and community events in Fairview and to stimulate private and public initiatives and financial support for programs and activities in the arts and community events. Meets the third Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM at City Hall. FMC 2.17
- Economic Development Advisory Committee / 3 positions: advise and make recommendations to the City Council regarding economic needs in the city of Fairview. Typically meets once a quarter on the second Thursday of the month at 5:30PM at City Hall. 2.21
- Parks & Recreation Advisory / 4 positions: advise and make recommendations to the City Council regarding Fairview's parks facilities, natural areas, and open spaces and recreation resources and activities. Meets Monday's once a month 6:00 PM as needed at City Hall.
- Public Safety Advisory Committee / 3 positions: advise and make recommendations on community livability concerns, police-community partnerships, collaborate with other agencies, and provide policy guidance on matters of public safety. Meets the third Monday of each month at 6:00 PM at City Hall. FMC 2.19
If you need additional information, contact us at 503-665-7929.