- Public Works
A well-connected sidewalk system can improve neighborhood livability and public health. Sidewalks can also boost neighborhood walk-ability and increase adjacent property values. The City's Sidewalk Maintenance Program includes policies and procedures for sidewalk maintenance throughout the City.
Sidewalk Maintenance Program Handbook
The Sidewalk Maintenance Program Handbook details:
- The policy and operating guidelines regarding sidewalk defects;
- A sidewalk inspection program;
- The permitting process for repairs;
- Sidewalk code compliance measures;
- The sidewalk repair grant assistance program;
- How to pick, site, plant and care for street trees: and
- Approves a list of approved street trees for areas outside Fairview Village
Sidewalk Repair Grant Assistance Program
The Sidewalk Repair Grant Assistance Program utilizes limited funds collected in the Street Fund. The funds are available on a first come/first serve basis and limited to the budgeted amount. A citizen can apply for a grant of up to $6.00 per square foot (contractor or material costs) of replaced sidewalk if the sidewalk is identified as a trip hazard by the City based upon the standards outlined in the Sidewalk Maintenance Program Handbook - Policy and Operating Guidelines and the FMC 12.05. The program is outlined in more detail in the proposed handbook.
- Sidewalk Replacement Grant Application
- Sidewalk Right of Way Permit* (PDF)
- Street Tree Replacement & Planting Permit* (PDF)
*Permit fee(s) are waived for repairs to correct a hazard.