- Economic Development
Request for Qualifications for the Heart of Fairview Property
Innovative Multi-Use Space Opportunity
Looking for an opportunity to develop a dynamic project on a signature site outside of Portland? The City of Fairview seeks a development partner to build the “Heart of Fairview” at the 100% gateway corner to the village center.
The City wishes to partner with a developer to create a vibrant commercial and “maker” hub that supports small business experimentation, incubation and growth. The program should provide a mix of space sizes accessible to local/regional businesses, artisans, and makers.
Request for Qualifications Information Page
Fairview offers businesses many advantages including:
- Attractive sites including the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold Certified Birtcher Build-to-Suit industrial buildings in the modern Townsend Business Park
- Choice industrial locations with exceptional regional access and close proximity to Interstate 84 and 205 and Portland
- Urban Renewal Development incentive programs
- Columbia Cascade Enterprise Zone 100% property tax abatement program
- Educated workforce
- Fast track permitting process and business friendly local government
- High quality of life features including a wide array of housing choices, recreational opportunities, and award winning pedestrian friendly neo-traditional Fairview Village Development.
Fairview is conveniently located minutes from Portland PDX International Airport, Troutdale General Aviation Airport, Interstates 84, 205, & 5, Downtown Portland, and the Columbia River.
Major private sector employers include:
- NACCO Materials Handling Group – The international test facility for Yale and Hyster lift trucks.
- Townsend Farms – One of the largest fresh fruit packing operations in the United States.
- Other major private sector employers include: General Pacific, Connor Manufacturing, CTDI, Thermo King, Navistar, Knight Transportation and Intertek.