We are always looking for volunteers who are interested in the community. There are many volunteer opportunities.
Committees and Commission
The City Council appoints citizens to committees and boards to advise the Council on certain decisions and policy matters. These dedicated citizens meet on a regular basis to address current issues and look for ways to make Fairview an even better place to live and work. Many committees have upcoming vacancies due to positions coming to term on December 31, 2019.
Commission / Committee Openings: Brief Description
- Community Engagement Committee / 3 positions: ensures arts and community events continue as an integral part of the community, encourages opportunities to recognize arts and community events, provides coordination and communication for arts and event activities, encourages and work cooperatively with community partners. Typically meets once a month. May schedule additional meetings specific to an event/project.
- Economic Development Advisory Committee / 2 positions: reviews and makes recommendations to the city council to promote the economic interests of existing business enterprises and new business, encourages private sector job growth, and provides policy guidance on matters of economic development. Typically meets once a month.
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee / 3 positions: advises and makes recommendations to the city council regarding Fairview’s parks facilities, natural areas, and open spaces and recreation resources and activities. Typically meets once a month.
- Public Safety Advisory Committee / 3 positions: advises and makes recommendations to the chief of police and the city council regarding public safety needs in the city of Fairview. Typically meets once a month.
- Budget Committee / 2 positions: reviews the proposed budget each fiscal year and makes a recommendation on the budget to the City Council for final adoption. Typically meets the last Monday in April and first two Monday's in May.
- Planning Commission / 2 positions: is charged with the express duty of administering and enforcing the Zoning Ordinance of the city of Fairview. Meets the second and fourth Tuesday of each month as needed.
All interested persons are encouraged to apply. Complete the on line Committees/Commission Application.
MCSO Citizen Patrol
To learn more about MCSO Citizen Patrol go to www.mcsocp.com.
If you need additional information, contact us at 503-665-7929.